We are looking for a Graphic / Digital Designer to join our creative team at our Burnley office; a creative individual who has at least two years’ experience of working in design with a clear understanding of designing for both print and screen and a working knowledge of front-end digital development.
Someone who, as well as possessing a flair for creative design, can fit neatly into the R52 team, take an active role in developing and presenting ideas for our clients and make a real contribution to the business.
As a designer, you will work with clients of all types and size from a wide variety of business sectors, requiring a high level of flexibility in your approach, but making for a varied and interesting role and a high level of job satisfaction.
Your role will involve undertaking design for the full range of marketing campaigns, including print media, web, email and social media, working on projects at all stages of their programme.
Working alongside our account managers and developers, you will bring your own creativity to the team and the ability to clearly present your ideas. You will also need to demonstrate a knowledge of the user experience across all modern devices and have a strong understanding of responsive design.
In particular, your role will involve the following key activities:
- Developing visual concepts to client project briefs
- Designing for all print media
- Designing for all digital devices including websites, emails and social media platforms
- Liaising with developers
- Supporting our business development activities both through developing campaigns and participating in client meetings as required.
The Required Skills
The position includes both print and digital design, requiring that you have a clear understanding of the needs of both platforms, including print processes and the complete digital development process. You will also possess the following skills:
- Creative design
- An ability to work with and meet the client brief
- Appreciation of brand identity and its application
- Typography skills
- Image manipulation and re-touching
- The ability to contribute to client briefings and pitches
- An outgoing personality with good communication skills
- Flexibility to work on any project, including working on more than one job at a time
You must also be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative and demonstrate a high level of organisation throughout your work.
And you will be expected to take a positive involvement in the everyday activities of the office where we all share the admin, deal with the phone, make the coffee – and do the washing up!
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience in a digital design role, with a demonstrable portfolio
- Working experience of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and Acrobat
- Standard Adobe Creative Suite/CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- A sound understanding of HTML and responsive design
- Experience with design for CMS – ideally WordPress and/or Magento
- Knowledge of single and multi-page document production and printing processes
- Formal qualifications are not essential, but education to a degree-level or equivalent is desirable.
- A full driving licence is desirable
Working with R52
This is a permanent, full-time position, based at our Burnley, Lancashire office with a competitive salary and conditions.
We also have a fantastic, friendly working environment – and we know there’s more to life than work, which is why when you join Root Fifty Two Limited, you’ll get your pick of some amazing company perks including phone insurance, tastecards, and great price cinema tickets. Plus loads more!
What to do Now
If you are interested in joining R52 as Graphic / Digital Designer and think you have the necessary skills, send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you’ll be perfect for the role. All applications will be treated in confidence and with the utmost discretion.
Closing Date Monday 6th February 2017.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Diploma
Required experience: Commercial: 2 years
InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop: 2 years
Desirable: Full driving licence